Visiting The Green Man Gallery during the pandemic
What you need to know
- The gallery re-opened on Friday 16th April
- We are currently open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 4.30pm. In May we will also open at the same times on the two Bank Holiday Mondays.
- We have carried out a thorough Risk Assessment and we've put systems and procedures in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- The Ground Floor Gallery is open to the public and from 1st May we will also open the mezzanine floor for part of our open exhibition, The May Gathering.
- We plan to open our top floor in early June and our opening times will also increase.
- We also plan to start hosting live performances in July during Buxton Festival Fringe.
- You will need to wear a face mask in order to enter the gallery. Our staff will also be wearing face masks.
- NHS Test and Trace: You will be asked to register your name and phone number or email on arrival or use the QR code via your phone. Written information will be kept on file for 21 days, as requested by the government.
- We will be practising social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) where possible.
- We will limit the number of visitors in the Ground Floor Gallery to a maximum of 14 at a time. The mezzanine is limited to 6 people at a time.
- There is a separate entrance and exit. Entry will be through the main doors (green) and exit via the side porch (grey door on the outside). NB There are steps to the porch door. Visitors with mobility requirements will be welcome to leave via the main doors.
- There is hand sanitiser for you to use when you come in and also when you leave building.
- We have a cleaning regime in place and our staff will be sanitising surfaces regularly during the day.
- In the Gallery you are welcome to explore the exhibitions and displays in what ever order you choose but please respect social distancing at all times.
- We've worked hard to create displays of prints and cards and also of the smaller items on sale such as ceramic pieces and jewellery, which can be viewed without touching. Please only touch items you intend to buy. If you need any information, the staff on duty will be very happy to help.
- We've had to remove many of the chairs which are usually available for you to relax on but there are still a few in place for you to rest your legs. Our art book library is also closed for the time being.
- We're not currently serving hot drinks but we hope to offer them again in the future.
- Please ask at the desk if you need to use our toilets so that we can keep track of numbers and clean appropriately.
Making a purchase
- At the counter we've installed a perspex screen at one end where payments will take place. This is to protect you and our staff when using the card machine.
- Card payments are preferred but we will also accept cash. Please make contactless payments for any purchases up to £45. Staff will ensure that the card machine is sanitised when the keypad is used.
One thing that hasn't changed is the warm welcome you'll receive at The Green Man Gallery.
We hope you enjoy your visit and find something to inspire you and maybe to adorn your walls!