Visiting The Green Man Gallery during the pandemic
What you need to know
Updated December 2021
- We are currently open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
- We continue to have procedures in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- The Ground Floor Gallery, Mezzanine and the First Floor Exhibition Rooms and Studios are all open to the public. Entry is free of charge and there is no need to book.
- Face masks are now compulsory inside the gallery. Our staff will also be wearing face masks.
- We continue to practise social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) where possible.
- There is no need to book to visit the gallery but we may need to manage the number of visitors at times to avoid any areas becoming crowded.
- There is a separate entrance and exit. Entry is through the main doors (green) and exit via the side porch (grey door on the outside). NB There are steps to the porch door. Visitors with mobility requirements will be welcome to leave via the main doors.
- There is hand sanitiser for you to use when you come in and also when you leave building.
- We have a cleaning regime in place and our staff sanitise surfaces regularly during the day.
- In the Gallery you are welcome to explore the exhibitions and displays in what ever order you choose but please respect social distancing at all times.
- Most of the original work on display can be viewed without touching. Please only touch items you intend to buy. If you need any information, the staff on duty will be very happy to help.
- We are now serving hot drinks again and you are welcome to take a break in one of our armchairs.
- Our art book library is in place again. Please use hand sanitiser before handling books.
- Our toilets are also open. Please use your discretion to avoid crowding. The toilets are cleaned regularly.
Making a purchase
- At the counter there is a perspex screen at one end where payments will take place. This is to protect you and our staff when using the card machine.
- Card payments are preferred but we will also accept cash. You can now make contactless payments for any purchases up to £100. Staff will ensure that the card machine is sanitised when the keypad is used.
One thing that is still the same is the warm welcome you'll receive at The Green Man Gallery.
We hope you enjoy your visit and find something to inspire you and maybe to adorn your walls!
Attending a Live Performance
- We have carried out separate Risk Assessments for performances in our Ground Floor Gallery and Workshop Rooms
- December 2021: It is now compulsory to wear a face covering throughout the performance. You may remove your mask to enjoy a drink while seated but you will need to replace it straight afterwards.
- There is a separate entrance and exit to the Ground Floor Gallery.
- There is hand sanitiser at the entrance and exit, and around the building.
- Ventilation: The Ground Floor Gallery is spacious and airy with a very high ceiling. Doors can be propped open to increase ventilation.
- Audience seating will be carefully arranged at café tables to give everyone plenty of space. Seats are allocated so that you are sitting with the people you have booked with. If you come alone, we ensure there is space between you and large groups.
- The toilets will also be cleaned frequently and sanitising wipes are available for you to use if you wish.
- We will be serving refreshments. There will be plenty of space to socially distance if you need to queue.
Although we need to be cautious, we work hard to ensure the atmosphere feels as friendly and relaxed as ever. The entertainment will, of course, be exceptional!