Visiting The Green Man Gallery during the pandemic
What you need to know
- We are currently open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 4.30pm. From 25th June to 25th July (Festival Season) we will open every day from 10.30am to 5.30pm.
- We have carried out a thorough Risk Assessment and we've put systems and procedures in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- The Ground Floor Gallery and Mezzanine are open to the public. From 19th June we will also re-open the First Floor Exhibition Rooms and Studios.
- We will start hosting live performances again in July during Buxton Festival Fringe.
- You will need to wear a face mask in order to enter the gallery. Our staff will also be wearing face masks.
- NHS Test and Trace: You will be asked to register your name and phone number or email on arrival or use the QR code via your phone. Written information will be kept on file for 21 days, as requested by the government.
- We will be practising social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) where possible.
- We will limit the number of visitors in the Ground Floor Gallery to a maximum of 14 at a time. The mezzanine is limited to 6 people at a time.
- There is a separate entrance and exit. Entry will be through the main doors (green) and exit via the side porch (grey door on the outside). NB There are steps to the porch door. Visitors with mobility requirements will be welcome to leave via the main doors.
- There is hand sanitiser for you to use when you come in and also when you leave building.
- We have a cleaning regime in place and our staff will be sanitising surfaces regularly during the day.
- In the Gallery you are welcome to explore the exhibitions and displays in what ever order you choose but please respect social distancing at all times.
- We've worked hard to create displays of prints and cards and also of the smaller items on sale such as ceramic pieces and jewellery, which can be viewed without touching. Please only touch items you intend to buy. If you need any information, the staff on duty will be very happy to help.
- We've had to remove many of the chairs which are usually available for you to relax on but there are still a few in place for you to rest your legs. Our art book library is also closed for the time being.
- We're not currently serving hot drinks but we hope to offer them again in the future.
- Please ask at the desk if you need to use our toilets so that we can keep track of numbers and clean appropriately.
Making a purchase
- At the counter we've installed a perspex screen at one end where payments will take place. This is to protect you and our staff when using the card machine.
- Card payments are preferred but we will also accept cash. Please make contactless payments for any purchases up to £45. Staff will ensure that the card machine is sanitised when the keypad is used.
One thing that hasn't changed is the warm welcome you'll receive at The Green Man Gallery.
We hope you enjoy your visit and find something to inspire you and maybe to adorn your walls!
Attending a Live Performance
- We have carried out separate Risk Assessments for performances in our Ground Floor Gallery and Workshop Rooms
- In order to manage social distancing, the audience capacity in each space is reduced by 50% for all performances during Buxton Festival Fringe. (Ground Floor Gallery: max. 25. Workshop Room: max. 12.) Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- You will need to wear a mask when entering and moving around but once seated, we hope it will be possible for masks to be removed (the same rule as in restaurants, pubs etc)
- You will need to register with NHS Test and Trace, if this is still running in July, using the QR code or on paper.
- There is a separate entrance and exit to the Ground Floor Gallery. Audiences in the Workshop Room will enter and leave the same way via one flight of stairs. Start and finish times of shows in the two venues are staggered to avoid crowding in the foyer.
- There is hand sanitiser at the entrance and exit, and around the building.
- Ventilation: The Ground Floor Gallery is spacious and airy with a very high ceiling. Doors can be propped open to increase ventilation. The Workshop Room has opening windows and the door can wedged open.
- Audience seating will be carefully arranged to give everyone plenty of space. Seats are not allocated so we will make fine adjustments when you arrive.
- The chairs are plastic and will be sanitised after each performance. To make sure staff can do this effectively, we will ask audiences to leave as quickly as possible after the show. You're very welcome to linger in our yard if you want to chat.
- The toilets will also be cleaned frequently and sanitising wipes are available for you to use if you wish.
- We will be serving refreshments. There will be plenty of space to socially distance if you need to queue.
If you've been to a live show at The Green Man before, things may feel a little different but we will work hard to ensure the atmosphere feels as friendly and relaxed as ever. The entertainment will , of course, be exceptional!