Visiting The Green Man Gallery during the pandemic
What you need to know
- We are currently open every day except Thursday from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
- We have carried out a thorough Risk Assessment and we've put systems and procedures in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- The Ground Floor Gallery, Mezzanine and the First Floor Exhibition Rooms and Studios are all open to the public. Entry is free of charge and there is no need to book.
- You are strongly advised to wear a face mask in order to enter the gallery. Our staff will also be wearing face masks.
- NHS Test and Trace: You can register your name and phone number or email on arrival or use the QR code via your phone. Written information will be kept on file for 21 days.
- We will continue to practising social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) where possible.
- There is no need to book to visit the gallery but we may need to manage the number of visitors at times to avoid any areas becoming crowded.
- There is a separate entrance and exit. Entry will be through the main doors (green) and exit via the side porch (grey door on the outside). NB There are steps to the porch door. Visitors with mobility requirements will be welcome to leave via the main doors.
- There is hand sanitiser for you to use when you come in and also when you leave building.
- We have a cleaning regime in place and our staff will be sanitising surfaces regularly during the day.
- In the Gallery you are welcome to explore the exhibitions and displays in what ever order you choose but please respect social distancing at all times.
- Most of the original work on display can be viewed without touching. Please only touch items you intend to buy. If you need any information, the staff on duty will be very happy to help.
- We are now serving coffee again and you are welcome to take a break in one of our armchairs.
- Our art book library remains closed for the time being.
- Please ask at the desk if you need to use our toilets so that we can keep track of numbers and clean appropriately.
Making a purchase
- At the counter we've installed a perspex screen at one end where payments will take place. This is to protect you and our staff when using the card machine.
- Card payments are preferred but we will also accept cash. Please make contactless payments for any purchases up to £45. Staff will ensure that the card machine is sanitised when the keypad is used.
One thing that hasn't changed is the warm welcome you'll receive at The Green Man Gallery.
We hope you enjoy your visit and find something to inspire you and maybe to adorn your walls!
Attending a Live Performance
- We have carried out separate Risk Assessments for performances in our Ground Floor Gallery and Workshop Rooms
- You are strongly advised to wear a mask when entering and moving around but once seated, you may remove your mask if you wish.
- You can register with NHS Test and Trace at the Ticket Desk using the QR code or on paper.
- There is a separate entrance and exit to the Ground Floor Gallery.
- There is hand sanitiser at the entrance and exit, and around the building.
- Ventilation: The Ground Floor Gallery is spacious and airy with a very high ceiling. Doors can be propped open to increase ventilation.
- Audience seating will be carefully arranged to give everyone plenty of space. Seats are allocated so that you are sitting with the people you come with. If you come alone, there is plenty of space between you and large groups.
- The chairs are plastic and are sanitised after each performance.
- The toilets will also be cleaned frequently and sanitising wipes are available for you to use if you wish.
- We will be serving refreshments. There will be plenty of space to socially distance if you need to queue.
If you've been to a live show at The Green Man before, things may feel a little different but we will work hard to ensure the atmosphere feels as friendly and relaxed as ever. The entertainment will , of course, be exceptional!