Visiting The Green Man Gallery during the pandemic
What you need to know
- The gallery will re-open on Saturday 1st August from 10.30am to 4.30pm
- We'll be open every Saturday and Sunday during August at the same time and also on Bank Holiday Monday (31st August)
- We have carried out a thorough Risk Assessment and we've put in new systems and procedures in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- To begin with, only the Ground Floor Gallery will be open to the public while we get used to our new COVID-safe procedures.
- We hope to be able to open the upper floors and to open on further days during the autumn. In the mean time there are extensive exhibitions to explore downstairs.
- You will need to wear a face mask in order to enter the gallery. Our staff will also be wearing face masks.
- We will be supporting the NHS Test and Trace scheme so you will be asked to register your name and phone number or email on arrival. We will keep your information on file for 21 days, as requested by the government.
- We will be practising social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) where possible.
- We will limit the number of visitors in the Ground Floor Gallery to a maximum of 14 at a time.
- There will be a separate entrance and exit. Entry will be through the main doors (green) and exit via the side porch (grey door on the outside). NB There are steps to the porch door. Visitors with mobility requirements will be welcome to leave via the main doors.
- There will be hand sanitiser for you to use when you come in and also when you leave building.
- We have a new cleaning regime in place and our staff will be sanitising surfaces regularly during the day.
- In the Gallery you are welcome to explore the exhibitions and displays in what ever order you choose but please respect social distancing at all times.
- We've worked hard to create displays of prints and cards and also of the smaller items on sale such as ceramic pieces and jewellery, which can be viewed without touching. Please only touch items you intend to buy. If you need any information, the staff on duty will be very happy to help.
- We've had to remove many of the chairs which are usually available for you to relax on but there a re still a few on place for you to rest your legs. Our art book and Zine libraries are also closed for the time being.
- We're not able to serve hot drinks during August but we hope to offer them again in the future.
- Unfortunately our toilets won't be open to the public for the time being.
Making a purchase
- At the counter we've installed a perspex screen at one end where payments will take place. This is to protect you and our staff when using the card machine.
- For the time being, payment will be by card only. Please make contactless payments for any purchases up to £45. Staff will ensure that the card machine is sanitised when the keypad is used for larger purchases.
One thing that hasn't changed is the warm welcome you'll receive at The Green Man Gallery.
We hope you enjoy your visit and find something to inspire you and maybe to adorn your walls!